Anyone in Illinois with a question about a legal matter can consult a lawyer — at no cost — during the 36th Annual Ask A Lawyer Day, Saturday, April 29, from 9 a.m. to noon. The event is sponsored by the Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) in cooperation with bar associations in Cook, DuPage, Lake, and Will counties.
Volunteer lawyers will be standing by to provide general information about consumer problems, family law, estate planning, personal injury, and other common legal issues. Callers will be given information about their legal difficulties, which may include consulting with another lawyer on the caller’s specific legal situation.
In addition to two toll-free numbers, the public can email their questions or discuss their legal problem with a lawyer using Skype. They can also contact participating bar associations at their respective phone numbers.
To talk to a lawyer:
- Call the ISBA toll-free 252.8908 or 800.678.4009
- Email your legal question to firstname.lastname@example.org; questions will be answered on Saturday, April 29
- Skype-a-lawyer at isbalaw1
Participating bar associations:
- Chicago Bar Association – 312.554.2001
- DuPage County Bar Association – 630.653.7779 or 630.653.7828
- Lake County Bar Association – 847.244.3143
- Will County Bar Association – 815.556.1077
Each of the participating bar associations operates a lawyer referral service for people who need legal services. Lawyers contacted through a referral service provide an initial consultation at a nominal cost.
The 33,000-member ISBA (isba.org), with offices in Springfield and Chicago, provides professional services to Illinois lawyers, and education and services to the public through a website (illinoislawyerfinder.com), consumer brochures, and distribution of legal information.
Sara AndersonIllinois State Bar AssociationMedia Manager312email@example.com
Search Press Releases