Direct to Consumer help for wineries – Family Winemaker members benefit with VinoShipper
Family Winemakers of California, an association of family-owned wineries in California, is proud to offer a member benefit for our wine Association membership. The Family has partnered with VinoShipper to help our members get their wines to consumers. Beyond the membership benefits Family Winemakers of California offers, members will receive a discount on VinoShipper fees. Savings can be enough to cover a winery’s annual membership.
“This is an amazing opportunity for our membership of small wineries to position themselves to reach a very broad spectrum of wine lovers, especially in states where their reach may be limited” said Pete Downs, President of Family Winemakers of California. Many of our members award-winning and acclaimed wines are not able to be consumed by those that would love them, due to regulations and the cost of compliance. VinoShipper is an innovative solution to this problem. “Producers have struggled for years to sell alcohol compliantly,”said Steven Harrison, President of VinoShipper. “Traditional compliance services charge high monthly fees which most wineries can’t justify or afford. Other, low cost solutions provide limited features that don’t solve the whole problem. This has resulted in many producers limiting themselves to sell within their own state or a small handful of states and consequently lose out on sales. This definitely limits their success,” continued Steven.
Family Winemakers of California and VinoShipper are now working together to help wineries:
- Expand Sales Opportunities with Zero Out of Pocket Expense
- Gain access to compliant shipping to 40+ states through a non-exclusive license agreement and state permits that are already in place
VinoShipper Service Provides:
- Convenient – Registration only takes a few minutes
- No Risk – There are NO Setup, Monthly or Recurring fees
- ONLY pay when you sell your wine
- Quick – VinoShipper can have your account active within 48 hours with all compliance, shopping cart and club management features ready to go
- Compliance checks include state by state volume and quantity limits
- “Signature or Import Ready” excise tax reports (when processed on your permits)
- Third-party electronic age verification (required in several states) at no extra cost
- Delivery address flexibility with UPS Access Point locations
- VinoShipper absorbs breakage and manages customer service on all shipments
- VinoShipper absorbs the merchant processing fees (3-4%)
- VinoShipper performs compliance administration, including collection & payment of sales and excise taxes and monthly reporting when they are the seller of the products.
FAMILY WINEMAKERS OF CALIFORNIA
Family Winemakers of California was established in 1990 in response to a need for public policy involvement for the small wine producers of California. The association has become a strong force in the wine industry, lobbying for wine producer rights, and has an active membership of over 325 California wineries.
Family Winemakers – Taste California!
Kathy SpallasFamily Winemakers of CAMembership & Tasting Manager9164987500kathy@familywinemakers.org