The Illinois Principals Association, which serves over 5,300 educational leaders throughout the state of Illinois, recently held their annual leadership conference and board meeting in Springfield, IL. Effective July 1, 2017, the following school leaders will serve as the Executive Board for the IPA.
- President – Hattie Llewellyn, New Berlin High School, New Berlin
- Immediate Past-President – Paula Crane, Prairie Central CUSD
- President-Elect – Jeff Knapp, Rockland School, Libertyville
- Treasurer – Craig Beals, Nuttall Middle School, Robinson
- Secretary – Brett McPherson, Genoa-Kingston High School, Genoa
In addition, Daniel Booth, Carbondale High School, will continue to serve as State Legislative Chair, Dr. Amy Dixon, Jefferson and Lincoln Attendance Centers in Carmi, will serve as the Illinois representative to the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP), and Kevin Shelton, Johnsburg High School in Johnsburg, will serve as the Illinois representative to the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP). Scott Daly, Rockridge High School in Taylor Ridge, will serve as Assistant Principals Chair, and Steve Lee of Crystal Lake, will serve as Retired Principals Chair.
IPA also welcomes the following members to the Board of Directors:
- Jarrod Newell, Carmi-White County Jr./Sr. High School, Carmi (Egyptian Region)
- Michael Merritt, Brentwood Elementary School, Des Plaines (North Cook Region)
- Adam Thorns, Springfield Elementary School, Midlothian (South Cook Region)
- Cris Edwards, Richland County Middle School, Olney (Wabash Valley Region)
For more information about the IPA, please visit www.ilprincipals.org.