The Illinois State Bar Association will present several awards recognizing individuals for their commitment and service to the profession and their communities at the organization’s 141st Annual Meeting at The Abbey Resort in Fontana, Wisconsin. Award recipients are:
- Austin Fleming Newsletter Editors Award: Kathryn Kelly and Lynn Patton, The Public Servant, Standing Committee on Government Lawyers.
- Community Leadership Award: Hon. Nancy Kat of Chicago.
- Diversity Leadership Award: Chief Judge Michael Evans of the Illinois Human Rights Commission.
- ISBA Board of Governors Award: Cory White, George Schoenbeck, Depaul College of Law Dean Jennifer Rosato Perea, and IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law Dean Harold Krent
- Roz Kaplan Government Service Award: Pat Driscoll of the Cook County Department of Administrative Hearings.
- Elmer Gertz Award for Human Rights: The John Marshall School of Law International Human Rights Clinic.
- John C. McAndrews Pro Bono Service Award: Sandy Morris, partner, Chico & Nunes, P.C.; the Doyen Law Group.
- Law Student Division Public Service Award: Kathleen Karayannis, University of Illinois College of Law; Hanoch Kanhai-Zamora, Northern Illinois University College of Law.
- Legal Education Award: The University of Illinois Community Preservation Clinic
- Matthew Maloney Tradition of Excellence Award: Champ Davis, senior counsel, Davis McGrath, LLC in Chicago.
- Richard H. Teas Legislative Support Award: Margaret Bennett, Bennett Law, LLC, in Oak Brook.
- Young Lawyer of the Year: Margaret Manetti, supervising attorney, Codilis & Associates, P.C. in Burr Ridge; Shane Blank, attorney, Sandberg Phoenix & von Gontard P.C. in St. Louis.
The 33,000-member ISBA (isba.org), with offices in Springfield and Chicago, provides professional services to Illinois lawyers, and education and services to the public through a website (illinoislawyerfinder.com), consumer brochures, and distribution of legal information.
Sara AndersonIllinois State Bar AssociationMedia Manager(312) firstname.lastname@example.org
Search Press Releases