July 6, 2019 at the Moontower Saloon
Well tie me to a pig and roll me in the mud! The World Famous Pandemonious Party of Potted Pork will be resurrected on July 6, 2019 from noon til 7 PM at the Moontower Saloon. After a 12 year hiatus, the COOK-OFF and the SPAMALYMPICS™ will be held on the rustic and spacious acreage of the Moontower Saloon, located at 10212 Manchaca Road in Way South Awesome, Texas. Come join us as thousands flock to see the unique and creative culinary concoctions at the SPAMARAMA™.
The COOK-OFF is divided into PROFESSIONAL and OPEN DIVISIONS and each entry is judged by a panel of CELEBRITY JUDGES who award points for two criteria: TASTE and SHOWMANSHIP. Trophies will be awarded in each Division for First, Second and Third Place, which are decided by the highest total score.
The SPAMALYMPICS™, also known as the PIGATHLON, will consist of three events:
- SPAM® TOSS: A two person team tosses the contents of a 12 oz. can of SPAM® back and forth in the fashion of an “Egg Toss”. If the team’s SPAM® hits the ground, they will be disqualified. The team that ends up tossing their SPAM® the farthest without hitting the ground, wins.
- SPAMBURGER® EATING CONTEST: Each entrant will receive the contents of a 12 oz. can of SPAM® and a hamburger bun. The first entrant to finish their SPAMBURGER® wins.
- SPAM® CALL: Entrants “call” SPAM® one at a time from the stage. Winner is judged by audience response.
And of course there will be Jammin’ With Spam®, with live music all afternoon, Featuring the The Blazing Bows, Jeff Plankenhorn, Leeann Atheron, The Secedars (with members of the Uranium Savages) and The Austin Lounge Lizards.
The panel of CELEBRITY JUDGES will include:
NICK BARBARO-Publisher of the Austin Chronicle
JIM HIGHTOWER-Former commissioner of the Texas Department of Agriculture and syndicated columnist; progressive political activist and author.
BRIGID SHEA-Travis County Commissioner, award-winning journalist at NPR , former Austin city council member, and co-founder of SAVE OUR SPRINGS (SOS)
JIM SWIFT- Veteran TV reporter known for his “On the Porch” segments on KXAN and currently for “Porch Radio” on Sun Radio.
GEORGE MAJEWSKI-Proprietor of the legendary Soap Creek Saloon, where the very first “Spam-O-Rama™” took place on April 1, 1978.
DAVE JARROT-AUSTIN RADIO VETERAN AND THEATER PRODUCER
GENERAL ADMISSION (purchase tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/spamarama-2019-tickets-59244306315)
- $10 in advance
- $15 at the Gate (children 12 and under admitted free)
COOK-OFF ENTRY FEES:
- $15 for OPEN Division
- $25 for PROFESSIONAL Division
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- GATES OPEN AT NOON
- MUSIC: 1 PM
- JUDGING: 2 PM
- SPAMALYMPICS™; 3 PM
NO DOGS AT THIS EVENT
SPAMARAMA™ 2019 is benefiting HAAM (The Health Alliance of Austin Musicians) and Sun Radio
For advance tickets, entry forms and more information, visit www.spamarama.net
SPAMARAMA™ is a family-oriented celebration of all things SPAM®. It is a cook-off, an athletic event and a whole lot of fun! It is unique, creative, competitive and more fun than a pig in mud!
|Health Alliance of Austin Musicians|
Search Press Releases